Hello!! Are you going to purchase hosting? but want to compare before purchasing them then you are at the right place, This article is on full comparison on Hostgator vs Godaddy
With the growing need for technology, half or more of the population is active on the virtual platform.
This taste of user preferences has given exponential rise to the demand for websites and web pages all over the Internet. With the increase in the number of applications and software, the process of web designing has become quite easy.
Building a website is just one part of the coin while posting it online on the server lies on either side of it. Thereafter, comes the demand for a web hosting service which enables the organisations to make their websites accessible via the World Wide Web.
Choosing the best web host is a vital decision for the success of any website in the journey of an online venture. Let’s dig in some research to know which among the two biggest hosting platforms are worthy to go for, HostGator or GoDaddy.
Hostgator vs Godaddy – Overview
• HostGator ranks at the top in the list of best e-commerce hosting providers.
• GoDaddy is considered to be a go-to when you are looking for an all-in-one convenience of hosting and website building purpose.
• Hostgator serves more than nine million domain names and deploys over four thousand servers globally. Being an all-rounder, it provides support to almost every web enterprise and venture while GoDaddy is widely popular for its innovative advertisement campaigns and powerful marketing strategies.
Hostgator vs Godaddy – Features
• HostGator provides an unbeatable uptime of 99.99% as compared to GoDaddy.
• HostGator offers five different types of hosting, stretching the range from shared hosting to dedicated hosting and cloud hosting as well whereas GoDaddy is a pro at offering more non-hosting features.
• Both the hosts offer convenient and low maintenance hosting which makes them reliable.
• They both provide unlimited bandwidth and storage access but GoDaddy holds some specific limits to its unlimited offers or plans.
• The basic plan offered by HostGator stands out from other hosting providers in terms of availing free email marketing software.
Hostgator vs Godaddy – Service
• HostGator, a great web host for your website, boosts the visibility and accessibility of your content while GoDaddy is famous for its unmatched flexibility and wide range of domain supporting services.
• HostGator offers a simple, user-friendly interface among inexperienced users as well as professional tech geeks and GoDaddy auto-selects a template to get started on the website with quite an ease.
• While the HostGator plan comes with free SSL Certificates to protect and secure your important files and sensitive information, GoDaddy claims to troubleshoot all the issues with your server.
Other than offering an extended amount of support services, HostGator is also known for its environmental friendly framework as it promotes the use of renewable energy sources such as solar power and hydroelectricity. Meanwhile, GoDaddy offers a great platform to its users to share ideas that strategically boost their online existence in the market.
Perks of HostGator
• HostGator has evolved much in terms of trust and benefit for both the professionals along with the entrepreneurs in a very short period. Perks offered by this web hosting service are:
• HostGator’s customer support is stellar with 24/7 email, tech tickets, live chat function to guide its customer with any issue and thus, is more reliable.
• The interface is user-friendly and does not necessarily require technical skills to work on it.
• It extends its support to several other websites simultaneously.
Perks of GoDaddy
• GoDaddy is comparatively easy to use with a wide range of website creation tools and advanced features for highly experienced programmers.
• It also provides financial support in the name of warranty in case of any financial losses suffered and does not fail to ensure security to its clients as well.
Cons of HostGator
• Possesses a little clunky style control panel and site designs.
• It provides no free domain on sign-up as GoDaddy does.
Cons of GoDaddy
• It is quite expensive to afford than other major website hosting companies.
Comparison of Hosting Plans
The plans and packages as offered by the two online hosts are here as follows:
• HostGator offers three basic plans, Hatchling, Baby and Business plan to its customers.
• The Hatchling plan is restricted to only one domain name, while the other two can be used for managing unlimited domains together. All these plans offer unlimited bandwidth, disk space, and email usage, and appear no less than a boon for the tribe of web developers.
• On the other hand, GoDaddy also comes with three plans, namely, Economic, Deluxe and Ultimate packages that offer unlimited bandwidth.
• While the Economy program can be hosted on one domain only, the other two have no such restrictions.
• Deluxe package from GoDaddy offers unlimited websites and subdomains. However, the Ultimate plan increases the server’s processing power and also provides free HTTPS for a year, and business shared hosting which adds more computing resources.
Comparative Study of HostGator and GoDaddy
After throwing light on the features and services offered by both the web hosting companies, we will focus our attention on the comparative corner to bring the best out of the two.
• GoDaddy offers unlimited bandwidth with up to unlimited storage space while HostGator offers unmetered bandwidth in addition to unlimited email addresses and free SSL certificates.
• In terms of performance and reliability, HostGator has a comparatively lower loading time and is 130% faster than GoDaddy.
• HostGator is twice as fast and an efficient web host than GoDaddy.
• World’s top registrar, GoDaddy offers a free domain with hosting while HostGator costs $15/year for the new domain.
• HostGator offers satisfactory support and services to its customers while GoDaddy lags the extra mile by not offering tech tickets which is a major setback.
• HostGator has an edge when it comes to WordPress integration in comparison to GoDaddy.
Which web hosting solution to go for ultimately – Hostgator vs Godaddy
• The HostGator works well with WordPress and even saves your time ultimately whereas GoDaddy takes 24 hours for the WordPress set up to come into effect.
• HostGator stands out for its cheap yet scalable plans, while GoDaddy Hosting is great for an all-in-one experience.
• HostGator offers a Cloud Hosting plan which GoDaddy doesn’t support.
• HostGator is the best overall hosting provider as it has better VPS hosting than GoDaddy.
• HostGator is simpler to navigate than GoDaddy, and it has a slightly better uptime of 99.99% as compared to 99.97% uptime offered by GoDaddy.
It is quite evident from the above-mentioned facts that HostGator is the better web hosting company of the two to rely and try on.